View Single Post
Old 03-21-2002, 01:49 AM   #34
jaguar
whig

Quote:
As for private schools, well, there isn't much you can do about that. There are many studies about drugs affecting your work and schooling. Not only that, but I personally have witnessed kids getting into drugs and drinking and then flunking out of high school. Private schools need to sell themselves. They don't need newspaper headlines like "Calvert Hall student dies of overdose" and shit like that. They just don't.
Quote:
No. They are attempting to institute mandatory drug tests for extracurricular activities. These tests would take place at the beginning of the year and then randomly thereafter. They're not preventing him from joining. They are demanding that you compromise. If you want to taste the fruit, you give something in return. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand the concept of give and take. You part with your money every time you fill your gas tank with fuel. HOW UNJUST! You just gave away some of your financial freedom! I KNOW! LET'S SUE!
Dham....what is this shit???
Wouldn't expect you to argue such an obviously see though argument and then to use a clearly pointless and misleading analogy is just...*sighs*

Quote:
No. They are attempting to institute mandatory drug tests for extracurricular activities
BUllfuckingshit they are, they are slowing introducing mandatory drug testing, it’s just an easy way of doing it with - hey take a look, no justification. I mean private schools, fine, I don't give a fuck, the system produces spoon-fed morons who drop out of uni anyway, what does it matter, but public schools are another matter. What next? well gee if you want to do *that* subject you'll have to submit to drug test, regular cavity searches and random humiliation. Its a backdoor way of forcing all students to do drug tests, considering too that many schools force you to do at least one extracurricular activity (including mine). As for your analogy...wtf is that shit? Paying for a product = giving up personal freedoms with no just reason to join an extracurricular activity?

As for storm trooper drug raids, we've had one too, going to a high profile public school means our school cares more about image than anything else. They did exactly that, fire alarms, then full locker/drug search. The unprecedented move alienated a huge cross-section of the school, around 40(out of just over 1400, and I know that around 100 odd students weren’t caught, so it wasn’t even effective) students were caught, and expelled, but a petition signed by nearly everyone was submitted over it, as you can see, next time, we'll be ready – Media war. Net result? A few causal pot users were expelled, and nobody trusts the school administration *at all* a sad state of affairs when a school body such as ours boycotts the SRC as a sign of protest.

Oh, Phrontistes, don't get scared by dham's napalm drops, "fire and fury, signifying nothing......"