View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #36
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
When we can point and judge, and roll our eyes in chagrin, we must be diverting attention from our own fucked up choices, and our own misguidance, and say to ourselves "no mishap from shenanigans have ever landed on my doorstep." This must be the most glorious of assertions, whether it is true or not.
Hmmm. Is it just my beer-loving perception, or is it mostly the reformed addicts who point and condemn this Lohan woman? Just like reformed smokers are the nastiest, rudest anti-smoking people? And the divorcees are the most anti-marriage? (uh-oh is marriage an addiction too?)

I have no time for Lohan myself, but i have little time for any celebrity. Or criminal. Yup, she's an addict. yup she tried to weasel out of punishment/rehab. yup she hoped her celebrity would help her do that.... if you took the average addict in the street and offered them celeb status, do you think they would clean up their act, or use it to try and get out of the legal consequenses of their actions?

Methinks all y'all former addicts are just jealous you didn't have celebrity to add to your arsenal of excuses for your addiction before you got cured. But you'd have used it the same way she tried to if you'd have had it.