View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #641
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I suppose I could start a thread titled 'What are you finding difficult today?', but it seems self-serving. Many of us are finding parts of our lives difficult.

I'm finding it a challenge coming off this med, with its predictable issues of brain zaps, incredibly loud (much louder than my normal) tinnitus, sudden vertigo, sleep disturbance, and irritability. I've gradually reduced doses with predictable effects, and today was my last dose. The next week(s) may be tough. All of this for a med that was only supposed to treat tamoxifen-induced hot flashes, and didn't even do a good job of that.

I will NEVER take another medication without overwhelming evidence of need or benefit. That said, I'm taking Femara instead of anastrozole (which gave me a fracture), but I refuse to take an anti-osteoporosis injection - urged by my onco because of Femara's side effects - that could give me necrosis of the jaw. I will deal with the osteopenia/osteoporosis, and if it becomes too big an issue, I'll stop the Femara (letrozole). Honestly ... the treatment truly can be worse than the disease.