View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 03:44 AM   #7
SPUCK
Professor

Quote:
In the meantime hide.
Or live in a new Florida home.

I was helping a lady with her new tiny house that was having wind driven rain come thru her front door. It's not like a normal house where you grumble about the front foyer having a bit of puddling it's more like the kitchen, living-room, and bedroom all get it at once.

As I'm researching a solution I discover Florida! Well, actually building codes for Florida. Because of hurrycanes and the damage they do to houses they've come up with rules for things like windows and front doors. Apparently front doors now open outward instead of inward. This is so the harder the wind blows the more tightly the door gaskets get smushed. This is completely the opposite of everywhere else where the inward opening doors uncompress the door seals the harder the wind blows. Furthermore, the only thing holding an inward door shut becomes the door latch! The rest of the door can bend inward allowing wind driven rain easy access whereas an outward opening door has the entire door perimeter to support the door. Doors and windows also have to take a 100MPH 2 by 4s spearing them.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote