View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:07 AM   #39
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Slang, the slit pigs that Tonchi was speaking of can be seen lining the streets of La Loma in Quezon City. They don't mind you taking shots of the pig. Just remember to include the butcher in it. Ask your friend if she knows about the Christmas lights lined village in Policarpio St. in Makati. (I could accompany you as well There are ways to skip the tricyle ride. How you managed to ride it without kicking a hole into the cab is a puzzlement to me.) It is a street where all the houses are decorated for the holidays and the home owners sell stuff flea market style ( Remember, bartering is key to buying anything on Philippine sidewalks) and you also get street food galore ! While you are here, try taking in some Bibingka (Glutinous rice cakes) and Puto Bumbong ( Rice cakes from a bamboo cylinder). Those are traditional holiday fare here that is available at street corners from November to December. You eat it with Salabat (ginger tea).

Keep that iron clad stomach ! And stay away from anybody drinking a beer and offering you food. Tourists get conned into eating either dog or cat meat with beer. Don't eat anything offered by street drinkers to be on the safe side.

Last edited by Luisa; 11-28-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote