View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #82
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So. Update.
I went back to SMART, the referral centre which originally sent me to Oasis and the lovely Seb.
I couldn't go back to Oasis directly as too much time had lapsed since my previous appointment.
But Oasis is the only agency that can refer me to SCAS, who are the only people who can administer detox/ acamprosate.

Saw a wonderful lady at SMART called Jenny, and walked home euphoric.
I also envied her fuschia toenails so much I was moved to paint mine too. Except mine are too short and I only had burgundy (colour, not wine.)
She's booked me back in with Oasis, but she will come along as an advocate this time and help me press for medical help. Oasis can't provide me medical help, but they can refer me.

We take the long path round the country estate, but at least I appear to be inside the walls again.

It took ages to be assigned a key worker at Oasis last time, just because of their workload. A diagnosis of cirrhosis bumps you up the list.

Of course this is all a race against time because I have a potential job offer out there which potentially starts 22 July. I know my health is more important. Of course. Can't work if I've drunk myself to death. But emotional and mental issues are part of life, and Mum cannot cope with me out of work, or understand addiction issues. Not a criticism, just the way it is. If I can't keep the peace at home I'll end up dead one way or another anyway.

I have the appointment with Oasis next Tuesday.
Hepatology Clinic next Thursday.
Hope to get some answers there at least, regarding auto-immune issues, Hep C and severity of scarring.

My GPs are being rubbish as usual.
Got a letter requesting me to make a routine appointment.
No doubt it's about my only current healthcare concern.
But no appointment available until after I actually go to the hospital. Sod it, I'll get what I need there.
And the various alcohol support groups have now kicked in to help me source help elsewhere.

So tonight is pizza and beer night!
No, of course not.
Tonight is tinned mackerel, quinoa and fizzy water.
And you know what? I am actually looking forward to it. With some Tabasco.
SlimFast and goji berries today. Happy but no real appetite again.