View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #29
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
i hear that having all of the local LE well aware that you can outgun them helps as well.

The guy who arrested me the first time competed in the same local pistol shoots I did. He can't shoot for crap. He didn't know me, unfortunately -- not that it would've helped.

re: invisibility
I got in the habit long ago of using side roads (but not too far on the side), not making eye contact, not projecting myself mentally, not speeding, not tapping the brakes, avoiding known patrol routes. Used to be out of necessity, but now it's just habit. The checkpoint was very cleverly situated to screen out people like me.

All this stuff doesn't really address the root cause, however. If you drink anything stronger than a Shirley Temple, don't be behind the wheel in Colorado. They get positively moist at the thought of it. Loads of revenue and an almost bulletproof prosecution scheme. If I had taken a baseball bat to a homeless pregnant woman, I'd have a better chance of ducking the consequences.