View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #32
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well yesterday the owner's eBay limit was raised to like $20,000 per month. That meant today was work day. It wasn't much fun... but since it's the season, this is when the golf items should go. So I had to list all the contents of three different bags of mixed clubs, and several individual irons. Tedious, and hard to photograph.

A lot of serious tools come through. I like the heavy-duty stuff. I particularly like it when I have no idea what they're used for. That means, when I write the description, I have to be... creative

How about an immense circular blade, hooked up to a big-ass gas motor, on tiny wheels? I looked it up and found only that it is a "concrete cut-off saw". I guess if you have too much concrete, you have to cut some of it off. It even shpritzes water on the saw, so the saw doesn't get too hot. That's some mighty shit right there.

Quote:
Available for sale and heavily used is this Hilti DSH 700 concrete saw. Melted/etched into the chassis is "NBC" and "5209" but that doesn't effect how this mighty industrial saw will cut through any concrete you need to be cut.
Fuck it, whoever is looking for a Hilti DSH 700 is gonna know what it is and why they need to pay at least $500 for one. They are going to be having too much concrete, and will need to cut it right off.

I didn't hear any really interesting customers today. I think there was a guy with a big plasma TV and he was unhappy about how little pawn value it had. Here's the thing, though: big plasma TVs are a pain in the ass to store. They're just big and awkward and can't be taken downstairs. So there's not much the shop can do, but offer like $120 pawn value for a 55-inch plasma. This in turn makes some people think the shop is just ripping people off. No, it really is that some things have less pawn value, for reasons you didn't think of.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote