Thread: crushes
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 06:35 PM   #27
warch
lurkin old school

Thinking about this, my crush stories are all from my side, crushing on others, with one exception: there was this one guy, we'd been good friends since meeting in homeroom in 5th grade. He was a bud. We drifted apart a bit in high school, different crowds, but senior year and the summer following we kept meeting up at parties and rekindled our bud-ship. We talked a lot. He went to college on early entry that summer 1980 (Penn State), I wrote him and as a good adventurous 18 year old with my freshly minted fake ID, I went to visit him with a gang of others and check out the parties. This was seen as visiting HIM and after a few drinks, he got all emotional on me, possesive. I was really surprised that he had these feelings. I didnt handle it well in retrospect, I actually felt a bit betrayed or something, as did he. It was so wierd and unfamilar. I really hurt him. That had never happened to me before...I felt guilty, I must have flirted and led him on. But he had never asked me out, he knew I was seeing another fella (that he was not keen on), and he was having all sorts of identity problems and feelings of being lost- stuff I could in no way solve-though he seemed to think I could. Looking back on that (rare) experience so long ago, it's held in a dear place. This guy was the first to ever profess love and cry over me - and how often does that happen in your life? Now in my geezerhood, I'll always love him for that, for showing that. Last time we ran into each other was in about 1986 at the Capital City Mall, I remember talking about Freddy Mercury. Strange crush.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote