Thread: crushes
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #22
lookout123
changed his status to single

there was someone that i met in Jr High and maintained a crush on all the way through my sophomore year in HS. she wasn't going for it, but we did get to be incredibly close friends. i set the crush aside but didn't abandon it. for a few years i enjoyed being a serial dater. she never approved of any of the girls i dated. i was too stupid to pick up on other signs over the next few years. eventually, she got engaged and asked me to stand up for her at the wedding. being her best friend, i said yes. then about 3 months before the wedding she asks me if i think we could have a future together if she calls off the wedding. i was of course stunned, appalled, and excited. i thought the guy she was engaged to was a complete schmo and i did still carry a bit of the crush. in the end, i told her that i thought we might, but it is unreasonable to talk about it while still engaged. if she was tht curious she just had to take her chances and find out. she chose not to, i chose not to stand up in the wedding. (even if i didn't like the guy, i thought it would be disrespectful to take part in a wedding that was almost called off over me.)

she is still married to him 10 years later and has a couple of kids. she was EXTREMELY upset when a few years back i had a rather torrid summer fling with her younger sister. ah well, it was fun.