Thread: Bad News
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #215
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I can't handle this anymore. The VA doctors are nice to me, but the waiting list for appointments is ridiculous. So now I either have 2 microadenomas or neurosacrcadosis, but I am responding to treatment. I have to private pay for one of the meds because the VA won't cover it (Axiron). The endo clinic can't do anything about the 1 cm mass in my right temporal lobe. They are referring me to neurology in April. BTW, They had found the 1cm mass in May but just told me about it this month.

Psych meds: They had upped me to 80 mgm of celexa and it was working good. Then they let my prescription run out forcing me into serotonin withdrawl. They had cancelled my prescription without telling me the FDA says the max dose can only be 40mgm. So I finally got a 30 day supply & now the VA has decided the max dose can only be 20 mgm. Now they've ordered a different med for me to start hopefully next week.

I'm so frustrated!! Different departments don't talk to eachother in the VA. When I was there 2 weeks ago and told them I was out of psych meds, endo couldn't give me a refill. Also, they didn't tell me about the temporal lobe mass. I only found out when I requested a copy of my records & then the resident told me they have to send me to neuro in 6 months.

Yes it is poor pitiful me. I have something causing masses in my head. My going on & off psych meds is affecting my personal life. My job is going to hell and I expect to be fired at anytime! I can't handle this. I am past my breaking point.

Thank you for letting me vent