View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Oh God, I have a reallly hard time when it comes to trust. It was bad enough when I found out that I couldn't completely trust my friends at one time. I now hold them at arms length (at least the ones that I still talk to), so I guess that would give someone some insight on how I'd feel in the event of an S.O. cheating on me.

It just seems a bit "weak" to me when I hear the cheater say to their partner, "But, I didn't MEAN to do it! We were drunk, things got out of hand, etc., etc." Now the issue is can you trust that person again with alcohol? Being around others while drunk? The fact that they WERE drunk? Does that signify a deeper problem? Sounds far out, but IMO, it could be very real.

Quote:

And in that moment you realize how much you love your partner, and how much it'd hurt to lose them. It's not like you wanted to cheat. If you hadn't gotten so drunk you would have pushed away their advances. Further, now that you HAVE cheated you're confident you'll never cheat again because you've learned from this unfortunate mistake.
Halle Berry said it best in the movie, "Boomerang":

"What do you know about love? What could you possibly know about love?!? You know, I'm sick and tired of men using love as if it's some disease you just catch. Love should have brought your ass home last night!!"

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote