Thread: Is Trilby ok?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #88
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Loki ate a cordless drill charger, hubby's phone charger and blue tooth headset and 2 books, all in one day when he was a puppy. I know hubby was not happy but we did leave them in view. We quickly learned to puppy proof the house! Helped with the normal dog eatables, you know, shoes, pillows, purses... but then came Aesa. She opens cupboards, and takes apart boxes to get things. Not normal dog eatable things either... craft paint, all over both dogs and my new carpet, CFL light bulbs out of the box in the cupboard, ceramic coffee mugs from on the counter... LOL.

Give him time, especially if he is teething. We found Rollover filled real bones at Walmart, and the dogs love them. Normal teething type stuff didn't work for us, the dogs were bored with them very fast. Another thing.. a bored dog is a bad dog. Try to take him for a few walks a day, and make it routine to train him for a few mins each day too. They love the challenge. We are still working on the "sit, wait" and my dogs are almost 2 and just over 2. I do notice huge changes when we go for more consistant walks. Its harder for me with a bad hip and two dogs that are very strong if they want to be... I need a second person to go with me. But its worth the nagging to get someone to go too, the dogs love it. Gets us up and moving too, see a win win!

Just remember:" its just a pillow, Mom. I didn't mean to make you upset... here let me kiss you and make it all better".

Good luck with him, I am sure as you bond, and he gets used to being an only dog, he will settle down.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote