View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #11
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I have many dreams. I am pursuing some but others have been shelved due to practical considerations.

Primarily, I've always wanted a family; children, spouse, pets, living in a home I adore with with enough money to survive. This dream is a reality. I get to stay home with the children, work from home, and pinch pennies until they squeak to make ends meet. I love my family dearly and they are my priority.

I want to be a good person. I want to be able to look back at my actions and feel that I acted honorably and with integrity. I want to live as an example of the principles I hold dear. I want to grow as a person, expand my knowledge and continue to improve myself throughout my lifetime. This is not a dream with a finish line, but I believe I am making it a reality on a daily basis.

One dream I had was to travel. I fulfilled that one (before I had children). I was able to travel around the world and I visited 14 countries. I had the opportunity to see the Parthenon and Acropolis, the pyramids of Eqypt, boat down the Nile, scuba dive in the Red Sea, swim in the Dead Sea, visit the Edinburgh Castle, tease the guards at Buckingham Palace, feel the spray of water from Niagera Falls, walk from junk to junk in Singapore Harbor, and many other amazing places. One of the most memorable trips was the time I lived aboard a 44 ft sailboat and traveled through the Bahamas for a few months.

I would like to write a book. That dream has been started but is unfinished. For the time being, I often write poetry or share my stories on select message boards. It satisfies the itch to write...somewhat, anyway.

I would like a career working with books. This is probably not going to happen. My career seems to have evolved in the financial field and owning a bookshop or becoming a book editor this late in life is unlikely. That's ok though. I can still read them by the truckload!

I wanted to be a model/actress as a young girl. I worked for a while as a catalog model and made a television commercial. My first husband cut that dream off at the knees (jealousy I suppose) but I did accomplish a little something before that happened.

So, I'm quite satisfied with the dreams I've fulfilled and not terribly disappointed with the ones that fell by the wayside. I'm much too determined to give up on something I truly want.

Stormie