View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #59
Adak
Lecturer

Rather classic Obama moment:

The WWII monument (along with several others - MLKing, ALincoln, etc., are open air - they have no walls or fencing around them. You walk right up to them.

Well since the shut down, Obama has the Feds erect a barricade around them - all the popular one's at least. So you can't get near them, with a sign telling you it's shut down due to the gov't shut down.

Of course, NOW they have to have park rangers or guards there, to be sure these barricades are not torn down.

Well.....

From the Midwest, an "honor" flight of WWII vets were here today, to remember their buddies who died, at the WWII memorial.

But it's "closed" and barricaded.

So the 80 and 90 year old vets, tell the park rangers, etc. "Get outta my way sonny!", and they go right past those barricades!

And Obama can take his nuisance shut down, and stick it where the sun never shines.

Erecting barricades ("Barrycades", now), around OPEN AIR memorials, just to vex us, when WE are the one's who paid for the memorials, not the gov't, (which pays for nothing by itself), just shows the poor character of Obama.

I was hoping that cooler heads would prevail, and a compromise would be reached on the issues surrounding the shutdown.

Now, I'm also hoping the Republicans "stick it" to Obama, and make him pay for his contemptible behavior. Locking us out of our own open air memorials --
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote