View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #6558
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Congrats Sam.
It's almost like a windfall when a debt is lower than expected. I know.

Today I am happy because of school.
I was the only LTA working this morning (the other two were on a course) but I managed to get 30 Krispie Cakes made in an hour. That's 4 x 15 minute sessions which include calling the children to the sinks, having them wash up and put on aprons, a quick chat about the difference between putting a piece of chocolate on Liam's head, and pouring melted chocolate on it (this was science after all) and getting them to fill their own labelled cupcake-case. I won't deny there were times when I thought I couldn't do it. But I prevailed.

Also I still managed to get a 20 min session with Tiger, when the others were all on the carpet doing phonics. I took him outside as the day was so mild and it's his favourite place to be. It also meant no distraction from the others, although he has improved so much in this aspect. We were working on above and beneath just using a whiteboard and pen, and he drew an amazing picture of the two flashing rubbery "animals" we throw to eachother to say hello at the start of each session. He included so many details. Usually his drawing is.... haphazard?..erratic? It doesn't seem to interest him. Drawing Squidapod and Mrs Hedgehog he seemed really focused. I wonder if it's an imagination thing. I will experiment further with drawing from pictures and/ or real objects and see if it brings more form to his work.

Anyway, it is more to put in his progress folder. And that makes me happy.
And he walked away happy because he got to blow bubbles outside. And they go much further and he can leap about more that way
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote