View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #769
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I must be on a paprika kick, because I'm putting it on everything now.

A couple of nights ago, I made cod filets (cheaper than salmon, whew!) topped with butter, salt & pepper, and paprika. Baked them in a glass dish for 10 minutes, basted them, then baked for 5-10 minutes more. They were still frozen in the center while I was prepping them, so the melted butter would harden as I drizzled it on...it was weird. Used the leftover butter to steam some bok choy and julienned red bell pepper as a side.

The meal was a hit, but total butter overkill. Next time I'm using a mixture of butter and olive oil, instead of pure butter.

Last night was tuna casserole time. I used a basic recipe--mixed up cooked pasta (penne) with a large package of tuna, cream of chicken soup (can of condensed whisked with can of water), cup of shredded Cheddar, green beans and half a chopped onion. Sauteed the green beans and onion first in some olive oil and salt & pepper to soften them up. Topped the mixture with moar Cheddar, panko breadcrumbs, and PAPRIKA. Baked for 20 minutes, then broiled a few extra minutes for that browned crust.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote