View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I saw a highly rated guy my age throw a mini tantrum at a very competitive fencing event over the weekend. The director looked like he was considering carding him but the fencer turned it off and quickly left the venue. He struck the strip with his weapon very hard and the bang was heard across the venue. Every head turned. I had watched his emotional state throughout the day. The dude was a mess. Hopefully the younger fencers stored that under "Don't be that guy."
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I don't know where that stuff comes from. I'm tempted to say that some people never grow up, but I know a lot of kids who would never behave that way. So it isn't that.
http://cmhc.utexas.edu/perfectionism.html

Quote:
Perfectionism versus Healthy Striving

Most people experience an inner drive to improve their performance on some tasks, whether running a faster mile or earning a higher grade. Perfectionism, however, is not a healthy pursuit of excellence. Those who strive for excellence in a healthy way take genuine pleasure in trying to meet high standards. Perfectionism, on the other hand, results in struggles with self-doubt and fears of disapproval and rejection.