View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:04 AM   #116
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
....gone to "surreal". Because I choose to believe you are actually an intelligent man, I have to say you are doing all this as part of a deliberate plan.
The plan is what it always is when I travel. To understand and be able to fairly compare that country in all aspects to those things in the US. For understanding of those people and that culture as much as possible in the short time that I'm there.

That's always the prime directive although most everyone thinks I'm with the CIA or some spook BS.

Not true. I'm just curious and have a camera with a large memory card.

To capture all those seemingly insignificant things that I see that are somehow different but are of little or no consequence.

I've got over 2 gigs of "common" photos of all sorts of uniquely Pinoy sights and things.

There's only been one man at the barangay that's even asked a single question about the numbers and sorts of photos that have been taken aside from the nice lady on the motorbike.

After an hour of conversation and a few follow up chats, he's comfortable with me hanging around now.

Still dont have a photo of him though.

Quote:
Crap! Bonifacio city! What was he doing taking pictures at a military camp? ?He wan'st int he comemrcial district. He was out of bounds on military proeprty. That was no cop. That was military police!
And what a lovely military cop she was. Not great with English but very pleasant.

That shot was taken 100 feet away from "market! market!" and there were exactly zero signs on site or on the net that no pics should be taken there.

A truly lovely area I might also add. The most "fun" and pleasant area that I've seen here so far.

Quote:
BTW, you don't have to kill us now, we're already on the same side
No doubts about that. Aside from some wiseasses, people here take good care of me. And when ever possible we stop to chat and answer questions people might have.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote