View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #320
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
If you have an addictive personality, you may wind up replacing it with something else. What would that be, most likely?

If you don't have an addictive personality, I recommend tapering off.

There are programs that help with this. Not programs. I'm talking about programs. Apps.

I would like you to drop the Cellar last, because I love you here man.
Thanks, UT. I feel the same way. I've been thinking about installing something like K9 on my computer.

As for addictions, I've really only had a problem with screens. For whatever reason none of the other activities, substances, etc have stuck with me.

I have two woodworking gigs lined up that should keep me busy and employed for a few months. I'm hoping the break in my lifestyle (read not isolating, ruminating, but earning money and socializing and getting outside) may serve to change things up. My brain-tightener points out that it is mainly functioning as an escape from my own thoughts (me paraphrasing) That is true.

When the shorties are here it is a lot easier for me to keep things relatively speaking, under control. 90% of the time I'm going to bed when they do and getting up early.

I'd be grateful if you'd let me know what sort of apps you are thinking of, and leaving the cellar is the last thing I want to do. <-- Bruce gets the joke.

And yes, Bruce I have seen people addicted to 12 step meetings. I've been to a few and I dislike the kumbaya aspect that a lot of them have acquired with their cutesy "it works if you work it so keep on working it" chant. Among other things.