View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #77
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Unlike you, I'm not interpreting words. I'm reading them for their actual meaning. And the founders were clear on their intent to ensure that the government could have no weapons that individual citizens couldn't own WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

So we we don't think people should have nukes, we should take them away from the government.

Some people say, "Everyone is more polite if everyone has a gun". Just imagine how polite people would be if everyone had a nuke.

The principles behind the desire to have the American public be able to outgun the government are every bit as fresh, important, and valid now as they were back when the weapons were muskets.

I, unlike you, comprehend the principles that drove the founding fathers to write the Constitution in the specific language in which it was written. The founders were very intelligent, like me, and understood the true meaning words like "freedom", "liberty", "justice", and "responsibility".

Those who try to put words in their mouth because they don't understand these principles are violating everything great this country stands for. It wouldn't matter if we had muskets, or disintigrating ray guns, the principle still holds true. Government must never have more physical force than the general populace.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote