View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #123
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I got to the pool and parked next to a truck with a cap. I heard a cat meowing. I looked in the trees, but sure enough it was coming from that truck. I looked around it, I looked inside as much as I dare lest the owner think I was up to no good...couldn't find a cat.

As I was leaving, a man had that truck door open and was looking all over underneath the truck. I asked if he heard a cat too. He said "I think my cat hitched a ride, but I can't find him." So we both started looking.

At this point I thought maybe he could be a serial killer and he had a cat recording and he was going to shove me into the truck, much like a movie I am sure most of you are familiar with.

The guy is saying "come here Jack, here kitty" and finally Jack came from, I think, the spare tire that was hanging underneath the truck. He was in fine shape, and very pretty. He had a little collar.

Jack wouldn't come out from under the truck, so I asked the guy if he thought a can of cat food would help. He looked at me funny and said "you keep it in your car?" and I laughed and explained I had stopped at the store on the way to the pool just for the purpose of getting cat food.

It worked! The man tried to give me money and I'm like oh please, I LOVE cats. He and I laughed, and he put the cat in the back of the truck, shut the hatch, and took Jack home.

Jack was going to enjoy a can of Mariner's Catch tonight!