View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #2513
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But I don't want to go back to horses, been there done that, so roads is a must.
Ike agreed, roads with a 14 ft overhead clearance, later revised to 16 ft.

Fire protection is a real good idea, nice to have your house saved when your neighbor's burns down.

Unemployment insurance saved my ass once, that was welcome. Over the years I paid more in than I got out, but I'm OK with that.

Social Security? If we get rid of that a lot of old people would die and the roads less crowded.

Universal healthcare would bring the costs way down without beating up the doctors and nurses who actually take care of us. The health insurance companies would be the losers, but serves them right for driving the price up. The same thing is happening with pet health insurance, they're driving the costs up so less people will take a chance on not having it on Fido and Pussy.

Limited room & board? I don't want to see people dying or even fainting in the streets, holds up traffic you know.

Free college? I don't like it, in that it tells people every kid must go to college to get a job. That's a bad thing, because as soon as they graduate they expect a 9 to 5 office job. Not enough of those to go around, and what good is that 4 year diploma when you have no skill? Who's going to do all the jobs that take skill? It amounts to four more years of fucking off before you have to get on with growing up.

Room and board for all, good grief, that has never worked anywhere unless you're royalty. Peel me a grape.

edit : Shouldn't that be servitute, not serveitute?

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 08-22-2019 at 11:33 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote