View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #7125
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I rescued the not-my-cat. The not-my-cat is a cat that comes to hang out on my porch every day. He gets a treat, a petting, and some conversation. When it's hot I make sure there's a bowl of water out for him.

The not-my-cat actually lives down the hall from me, so I know where he comes from.

Last evening I heard his bell, and called for him, but he wasn't coming. Eventually he came up to my porch, lurching around on three legs. He paused that the porch railing and rested his head on the bottom rung for a bit, and then half-flung and half dragged himself over to the water bowl.

It was pretty scary. I went over to him, asking him what was wrong (like I expected an answer. I'm sure you've done the same).

I rubbed his head and tried to flip him over onto his "good side" ... the one with the working paw. He wasn't really happy about it, but let me do it.

I was expecting something awful ... but luckily, didn't get it.

He'd somehow managed to get his front off paw stuck all the way through his collar. I took his collar off and released the paw. He wouldn't move after that, though. I tried to pick him up to carry him to his daddy, but he wasn't having any of it ... started hissing at me. The last thing I wanted was to get bitten so back on the porch he went ... and he stayed there rather than running off, so I knew he was in a bad way.

That's the point at which I went over to his home, and got his owner to take charge of him.

Happy ending ... he was back today looking pretty much his old self, let me pet him and give him treats. I'll have to ask his daddy for details when I see him next.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote