View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nov 6, 2009: Diner in Arizona

Nirvana forwarded an email titled “Diner in Arizona”.

Quote:
These pics were taken by one of the road crew at Cloudbreak, Arizona last week.
It took a total of 5 hours for the King Snake to finish off the Goanna. (Sand Monitor)
As you can see, they put some signage up so it couldn't be run over.

So what does one do besides forward it to “all” in the address book?
I know Google it!

“Diner in Arizona” – nothing
“Cloudbreak Arizona” – nothing
“Diner in Arizona email” – one hit, essentially a copy of the same email, posted online.
“Snake eats Goanna” – Bingo! 24,400 hits

Here's one.
Quote:
Engineer Trevor McGowan, who took the shots, said he and his workmates watched on stunned as the snake consumed the goanna lizard over about five hours near Cloudbreak Mine in the Pilbara region last week.
The Irishman said he took the pictures early in the day and when he returned later he saw the goanna's 'bulge outline' inside the snake.
Now if I was smart, I’d have started with Goanna.
Quote:
Goanna is the name used to refer to any number of Australian monitor lizards of the genus Varanus, as well as to certain species from Southeast Asia.
There are around 30 species of goanna, 25 of which are found in Australia. They are a varied group of carnivorous reptiles that range greatly in size and fill several ecological niches.
But then I wouldn’t have known it was a black-headed python.
Quote:
Aspidites melanocephalus, the black-headed python, is a species of snake in the Pythonidae (python family) found in Australia. No subspecies are currently recognized.
And this last picture just proves the old adage… Paybacks, are a bitch.