Thread: Bitcoin
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #35
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post
One more try to steer this thread back on topic:
If I wanted money for a story, that is what I would write for a less credible publication. I guess Playboy did not offer to publish it. Make some empty accusations hoping the more easily brainwashed will believe. It is financially fruitful.

If Craig Wright is an evil tax dodger, then so is Willy Nelson. Both have problems with the tax man. That says nothing about credibility.

If I was Nakamoto, the I would probably also use my favorite publication as one publication. His is probably GQ. So what? Well the author is trying to create suspicion and controversy by even citing that completely irrelevant fact - that he used GQ magazine.

For every point - most all are subjective and speculative - it exists by ignoring a counter point. We don't have an honest writer. We have the prosecutor spinning his story to a jury. And never hear from the defense. OJ is clearly innocent.

BBC was convinced he was Nakamoto. The Economist is mostly certain but did have some unanswered speculations. GQ - well I did not read it and do not know if they have technical abilities necessary to make a judgement.

Wright stopped participating in Bitcoin - as I would expect any founder to eventually do. Especially when controversy and other factors would only increase pressure on him for no benefit. He did what most in his position would do - drop out and and seek privacy.

That article does make one interesting speculation. That Craig Wright was simply a close friend of the actual Bitcoin creator - David Kliemen. But I also tire of accusations that the CIA killed Kennedy. Subjective accusations combined with second hand facts can prove most everything.

So why did Wright out himself? "Your so vain. You probably think this song is about you". Carly Simon eventually admitted who that was. Eventually someone will just fess up - to end wild speculation that is no longer fun and mentally fatiguing.

Change but a few letters and Carly Simon is really Carol King. Let's also create that urban legend.

Newsweek admitted they got it wrong. BBC believes Wright is Nakamoto. Economist also does, but is not as sure. Those are facts.

Curious is why Wright would out himself. Maybe to come back like Steve Jobs to save his baby? Why did the article also not discuss that? Because the author had enough accusations to get paid for his piece. His suspicions are mostly speculation based in statements, second hand, from others. Same reasoning also proved that Saddam had WMDs.

Eventually some of the questions raised by The Economist will be answered - either by fact or by time. This remains an ongoing story alongside Deep Throat.

A second parallel controversy is Bitcoin's future. It must change to grow. How?

BTW, did you know Nixon sent a letter informing me that I finally got on his 'enemies list'. That has been a lifelong ambition. But that is just me being emotional. That letter brought a tear to my eye.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote