View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #62
glatt

There's this show on Netflix called Blown Away. It's like one of those reality baking shows that has weekly challenges and a contestant gets kicked off each week.

Blown Away is about glass blowing, and it's really interesting. They get loose instructions to make something, and the contestants all have different interpretations of what to do. They all have previous skill of varying degree.

There was this one woman contestant who was familiar looking. It took me two episodes, but I finally placed her. Six years ago, the glatt family took a vacation in the Finger Lakes. We stopped at the Corning Museum of Glass, which is actually an amazing place, and we attended a half hour demonstration. It was run by this woman contestant, and I realized that's where I knew her from.

I mentioned it to my wife and daughter, and they were skeptical, but then I found a picture I took of that demonstration six years ago, and showed them. It was kind of neat to have a picture on my phone of this contestant walking around on the show.

Anyway, the show is fun. A lot like British Baking Show, but with glass blowing, which has always intrigued me.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote