View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #12
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Believe me, Uncle Sam isn't coming for MY pennies. I'm not the rich who got all the tax cuts. Why, I might even...uh...BENEFIT!

The dem tax rhetoric is SO old.
You'll get a bigger check if you're on welfare. If you pay taxes, though, you will pay more when Democrats have the reins. Wait, that's not entirely true this time around.....Republicans were spending money like drunken sailors. But now the death tax will come back, and my super rich parents will now pay taxes on the money they already paid taxes on when they die. Their financial planner estimated that their estate was worth about $300k before. With the inheritance tax subtracted, it's worth far less. I can't remember the number, but they told me last night that when it was divided amongst the 3 kids, we'd have enough for a downpayment on a modest house each. Thank goodness we have had all that extra ill-gotten gain taken from us and given to government programs. Now YOU can have some of it. Buy me lunch, at least?