View Single Post
Old 05-22-2001, 07:46 PM   #2
jaguar
whig

Unhappy

How very true, but I will say a few things.
First is that I find it hard to believe Ford did not know what was going on, in fact I find it impossible, they just are better at PR and know that by admitting guilt and doing the recall etc they'd move most of the blame to Firestone, who I will admit deserve it, but Ford are still guilt of not doing anything about it.

ALL major companies today seem to take an attitude of screw the customer, we see thousands of examples of this, they think they are big enough to tell people what they want, and on what terms they get it.

I hope in the end those that listen to the consumer will win but I still fear, from wonderful 'innovations' like content controlled monitors accounted recently, to plans of placing GPS trackers in consumer good so they only work in the country they were bought, companies have proven all they care about is their bottom line, and this is why I have a BIG problem with these companies have such a large role in politics, particularly in America with huge campaign donations.

There are many example of companies putting safety second, or third, recently in Australia there have been numerous incidents involving grounded aircraft, forced landings and even an entire fleet grounded due to them not being airworthy, in all cases this has been traced back to cost-cutting for maintenance, it was merely luck none of these resulted in a major air disaster.