View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
...stop bombarding me with non-sequitur inquiries, shut the fuck up, just long enough to try that thing I told you in the first 15 seconds of the conversation. Whether you do it today, tomorrow, or a year from now; that thing I said right off the bat, and kept repeating, over and over, you know, that thing? Right, when you finally do that thing, and it fixes the problem, why can't you remember that the next time this happens? Why bother having an IT guy if you just don't listen?

It's like you don't want the problem fixed. I swear to God, I swear to you on a stack of fucking Bibles a mile high, IF YOU DO THAT THING I SAID IN THE FIRST 15 SECONDS OF THE CONVERSATION, YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED. Are you incapable of discerning this very consistent pattern?
You're making an easy mistake, forgetting who you work for. You work for people, not machines. You're on board to solve the problems *people* have, not to restrict yourself to correcting machine faults.

These two categories of action do sometimes run in the same track. But not always. Sometimes you can fix/solve one set and not the other. Knowing which is which will save you a fortune in antacid medication. Knowing which ones to prioritize can accelerate your career.