View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Flint
Snowflake

What attracts serial killers to church?

Or rapists, or whatever you call people that trap people in dungeons and rape and beat the shit out of them, etc.

We often find out later how they were avid churchgoers, from which people had assumed they were a good guy or something. But why? (Anyne can go to church and play the 'I go to church' game.) So effectively, this counts for nothing. Which calls into question--what is the value to anyone who is playing this 'church' game (for the same reason of 'qualifying' themselves as an upright citizen)? You're not proving anything to anybody.

But what I'm wondering...
Is this the reason that horrible monsterous humans are attracted to church--as a 'cover' which removes them from suspicion of their vile deeds?

Or--and would this be worse?--are they actually geting something out of it besides that? Does it make them feel better? Does it make them feel less responsible for their actions? Does it make them feel that they can avoid some punishment--which some part of them knows that they deserve?

Is it because sociopaths are interested in learning new ways of replacing tangible logic with invented realities, or learning new manipulation techniques, or learning new ways of getting people to place their trust in you for absolutely no discernible reason whatsoever?

Disclaimer (please read before blasting):
Of course, not everyobody who goes to church is a serial killer. And not every serial killer goes to church. But some of them do. That is the subject.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote