View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 AM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by grynch View Post
I'm a yank but mrs. G grew up just outside of High Wycombe and her brother stills lives there (lane end )

mrs. also hates the motorway so when we visit we fly into Luton ... drive to Dunstable, over the top road to Tring... down to Berkhamstead ( friends there also ) Chesham and down to HWycombe
I know it well. My ex husband came from Berko, an ex -boyfriend lived just outside Dunstable, I've flown from Luton more than once and I used to live in Aston Clinton, which is nearer Tring than Aylesbury (at least the end that I lived in).
The world - it is small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
It's weird seeing a beach during the day with no one on it. That just doesn't happen here. Even in the cooler climates, but around my area, people go swimming all year round.
The North Sea is cold, with a capital C.O.L.D.
Even at the height of summer the most you will see is people wading.

But, yes - I was surprised that more people hadn't ventured onto the beach. It's a large one, so people do tend to get "lost" in the space. I can only guess it was a combination of being reasonably early (before lunch), the first week of the summer holidays, a windy day - see below - and it came after three quite chilly days so people wouldn't have factored going on the beach into their plans until they were confident of the weather.

It's always windy in Yarmouth. Well, it's the seaside.
Totally gratuitous shot of me me me, showing the wind blowing.

And Mum, safe from the wind on a pub balcony, relaxed for once
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote