View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 04:11 PM   #188
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Searching for the truth, that is facts that confirm my gut feeling, is hard.
Easier to just go with what facebook and the guys at the bar tell me.

Trump has stumbled a couple times this year. Pointing it out is acceptable but this mocking/jeering that's going on right now will make his supporters double down rather than think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
They're going hard on Bacefook right now. I'm not doing well with conversation.

From here:

Quote:
Accusations of liberal bias in social media have reached a new level as President Donald Trump started another kind of Twitter war last week — one with the social media platform itself. In response to a fact-check advisory that the company posted on one of his tweets on Tuesday, Trump responded, “Social Media Platforms totally silence conservative voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down.” The White House then issued an executive order Thursday attempting to punish social media companies for political bias.

The result is the emergence of a dangerous digital activism gap, a gap that conservative movements understand and have increasingly used to their advantage.

Yet, Trump and his backers are wrong that social media shuts out those on the right. In fact, it's the opposite: Use of these platforms heavily favors conservatives.

This was the clear lesson that emerged from my research on thousands of social media posts and interviews with digital activists across the political spectrum. Social media increases power disparities due to social class and organizational resources. So, rather than favoring progressive activists, as the media spotlight on hashtag movements like #MeToo or #BlackLivesMatter can suggest, the underlying dynamics of these societal differences enable conservative messages and voices to gain a large advantage.
My outrage at his abuse of the language continues to be matched by my exhaustion from looking for and failing to find the reality of his hurts and the strain of trying to encompass his hypocrisy of accusing others of the wrongs he himself commits. It has not diminished. The doublespeak from Trump continues full force.