View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #91
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You are right, partially IMO -- just my few quibbles --

Quote:
If I, an angry American citizen, call his personal number a thousand times a day until he relents
You speak Mandarin! I'm not surprised.

Quote:
told their hordes of followers
As a writer, I think you should carefully reconsider both this description of what Zero Hedge did, and who their readership is. (It includes Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey)

Especially if your readership is interested in an unorthodox point of view -- and what worthwhile readership isn't? You would not want them, and your relationship to them, described that way.

Quote:
and that's precisely what Zero Hedge intended to happen here
I don't share your superpower of immediately knowing secret intentions in detail.

But I think, if harassment was the intent, they would put the guy's number right on Twitter. Instead, they put it at the very bottom of a very long post, at what appears to be an excellent vector of information. I figured the point was to encourage better original reporting.

Quote:
Righteous anger and due punishment can only prevent future problems, not deal with current ones.
I'm okay with only preventing future problems.

And it's still a gray area, innit? If I think a gummint official is lying, or, say, I dunno, Tucker Carlson - surely I can give out their office number. But definitely not their home number.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote