View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 12:41 AM   #62
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Re: I have a long way to learn English

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Thank you for your affirmation. In my pratical work I often poor write. My conpany is French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need inprove my English. Hope you help me.

Thanks!
Actually, my uncle used to work for RCA. RCA was one of the top US companies in the early to mid 20th century and was located in the area where the Cellar is located (Philadelphia, Camden, etc). It was a great innovator and developer. The RCA record label was one of the best labels for classical music, among other types.

Thomson bought the RCA brand name. After a few bad experiences with TVs and VCRs, we have removed Thomson products from our list of approved suppliers for this household. Also, I believe they recently shut down a picture tube plant in Pennsylvania.

I wish you well in the US, but cannot extend my good wishes to your employer. To use an old Yiddish phrase "May they grow like turnips with their heads in the ground."
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote