Thread: VOTE!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #50
Ibby
erika

my city is cooler than your city (probably, statistically speaking) (even if they can't make sure their PDFs are scanned straight)

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 3.44.27 AM.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  19.6 KB

"Shall the people of Burlington support the legalization, regulation, and taxation of of all cannabis and hemp products?"
Easily the second-simplest vote I have to consider, after President. In fact, Vermont's safely-Democratic electoral votes mean that I can consider a third party without hurting Obama's re-election chances. This might be THE simplest vote I can cast.

The other questions require more thought.

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 3.51.56 AM.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  87.1 KB

1 and 2 I'm definitely voting Yes on. What can I say, I'm a commie. I'm all for issuing more bonds (especially since 1 is actually MUCH more cost-effective than relying on short-term debt), and the waterfront revitalization efforts would definitely be beneficial to our tourism, economy, and quality of life.

3, on the other hand, I'm desperately torn. On one hand, I fully support any form of transportation that's more efficient than driving one's own car...
on the other hand I lose my shit around bikers and drive slower than they can pedal to make sure i don't have to worry about trying to pass them and risk running them over because I drive like a grandmother, and i'll be damned if i make it easier for those damn dirty hippies to make it MORE likely for me to freak out about slowing up the long string of cars that inevitably pile up behind me as I drive at like eight MPH.
I'll probably vote Yes out of responsibleness but i really won't like it. damn bikers.

Your local dept of elections or whatever almost certainly has posted your local ballot online. Post it here, even if you don't want to tell us how you're voting! Share your local democracy!

Last edited by Ibby; 11-04-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote