View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #41
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Hey, even we here in Cowtown call St. Louisians 'uppity Easterners'...
Truth be told, I've never been to KC...the closest I got was Whitman AFB in Knob Noster. I hear KC is actually a relatively nice city.

Quote:
So, why did you actually leave St. Louie for the backwaters of Pennsylvania, anyway?
I was sick of being in St. Louis. I love St. Louis and Missouri, and am proud to be from there, but I had just had enough. I graduated from UM-St. Louis in January 1999, and just couldn't find a decent job afterwards. (I worked for Commerce Bank prior to graduating, and wound up being stuck there for most of '99.) So, on August 15, 1999, I packed my life into a U-Haul and drove east to Washington, DC. Spent a year there, then Rho (my fiance) and I moved to Philadelphia, where we've been since.

I'm ready to move again though. Philadelphia's alright, but neither of us is having good luck with the job market here. Can't go back to Missouri though...they don't offer the type of dialysis Rho uses, and that would just be too close to my mother. I want to move to Chicago, Rho wants to move to Baltimore...we may have to compromise on Delaware. We'll see.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 01-09-2003 at 10:44 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote