View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #137
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh, and another thing the book explained: it is the same single enzyme that digests both gluten and casein. Thus, if you have a problem with one (a problem in the opioid sense, that is, not just lactose intolerance or something) you by definition have a problem with the other. Goddamn hippies on the internet could get themselves taken a lot more seriously if they would bother to medically justify their claims, you know?

We are now on day 4 of 100% gluten-free. After two more baking attempts, I found a homemade gluten-free bread mix he will tolerate, if grudgingly. We have not yet had the opportunity to have the "no more Cheerios" battle, so we'll see how that goes eventually. Yesterday's awesome discovery is that he can (and will) eat a normal entree at Chipotle on this diet. I've also come to accept that Minifobette is going to have to be on the diet too, because I can't keep her brother from poaching unsafe foods from her tray or off the floor under her chair. But since we're starting early, she'll never know what she's missing.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote