View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Wolf, if no one has mentioned that you are amazingly astute and more than slightly warped, then it was a major oversight.

Did you end up in the mental health industry *because* of these factors or *despite* them?

Do you think it is an accident that I am closely involved with ALL of the doctors that do commitment evaluations in my county of residence

Tee hee ...

Actually, I'm in the mental health industry because I USED to be in the computer(ish) industry. I worked for an advertising sales company (For Hearst Electronics Publications ... Electronic Products and EEM) as their computer geek. One Friday morning I had a job, Friday night I didn't. The company went belly up.

I went to unemployment, did all the paperwork, started getting checks, yadah yadah ... came to the realization that the gubbermint checks weren't going to cover my bills and needed a job REALLY fast. I was talking to a friend of mine who was a nurse here at Club Head. She said they had a position open. I figured it would be something to hold me over until I got a "real" job.

I was hired the next day.

That was 10-1/2 years ago. I now have a Master's Degree in Clinical Psych (which follows a Bachelor's in Geography and Planning ... I actually have some other stuff to say about the Mars pic, but I'm holding off until I'm home and can really take a good look at it) and am considering finding an online doctoral program since I really don't have the time, inclincation, or money to do a traditional doctorate, partcularly since most of them don't recognize an existing master's and make you retake a lot of classes you've already had.

Turns out that I really LIKE psych patients. I find the whole field fascinating (but admittedly frustrating at times).

It's one of those jobs where you either fit in and do it, or you just can't hack it. I took to it like a duck to water.

Now, back to the topic at hand(ish) ...

Looking at images like this is not unlike the Rohrschach. It's actually kind of interesting reading what people are coming up with.

What does MY response mean?

It's been too long since my last visit with my boyfriend.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote