View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #31
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
She knew she was putting her life on the line. She fucking *knew* it. Who among us has balls that big?

She was martyred in the truest sense of the word. I hope to fuck that her elevation to such a woefully exalted status bites the asses of the fucks that did her in - hard, fast, and permanent.
You are correct. She knew it for a certainty. They had already tried when she first came back and they killed over 170 people. She knew it would happen, and she told people if it did, Musharraf would be behind it.

I have had people threaten me before on the internet and say they were going to kill me or gut me. I dared them to come to my house and posted my home address. As I suspected, they were all talk.

But in her case, she knew it was real. I don't think I'd be as gutsy as she was. She really loved her country and whether or not you agree with her politics, she stood up to a dictator and did what she thought was best for her people even though she knew it would most likely cost her life.

She's a hero in my book. I only hope the outrage for this gets the people to overthrow Musharraf's military controlled government. That's a scary thought considering nukes are involved, but I'd trust the Bhutto loving moderates of Pakistan more than I trust Musharraf.