View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #2805
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I was thinking about how when I look at the "train wreck" news stories, I see more of them suggested when I look at news. People have often talked about how the only news that gets reported is the awful stuff, but I wonder how the face of news today might change if people studiously avoided all the negative disaster rape horror shit and just went after positive and upbeat stories. Would we eventually see a shift in news reporting and human behavior? There was a study recently on FB that had something to do with a similar idea, if I'm not mistaken.

Along the lines of the idea that reporting school shootings and such creates copycats and glorifies the perps, the inverse should hold true. What if we put our collective attention on the positive?

Perhaps as a cellar-wide not challenge, per se, but experiment. Suppose we all decided for a week or maybe two, to consciously avoid reading or psoting any train-wreck type news and instead focused on what is great? Not in a glurgy or make me gag pollyanna way, but sincerely good stuff.

I'd be really curious to read how that might affect us individually and as a group. What if all the "What I'm pissed off about threads were left alone and instead we started to focus on what we are grateful about?

Lately, I've begun to be really fed up with hearing complaints coming out of my mouth, I can only imagine how others must feel who are subjected to it.

Just a thought.