View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #10
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
... Well, the dog just peed on it. I blame Obama.
I would blame Bo and Sunny...but you know Barack put them up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
No, what Obama is doing that is maddening, is blaming Sony ... Obama said repeatedly that Sony was supposed to call him. ...

... Good LORD. Who would have taken that call? ...

... Why isn't he all over the Director of the FBI on this, whom he appointed only a year ago and whose job is specifically to brief the Director of National Intelligence, who then is supposed to brief the President?
I get the distinct impression that Obama's response to Sony wasn't for domestic consumption so much as foreign consumption. The US tells the rest of the world not to cave in to terrorist demands and then US businesses cave. A double standard undermines the President's effectiveness globally on that point if he doesn't come down hard on un-American business practices by showing the same willingness to intervene that he shows politically with global leaders.

The FBI's jurisdiction is limited to reporting the criminal activity, the hacking. Do we want that expanded to them opening files on American citizens and reporting lawful political incorrectness like not showing some movies in theaters? We might need a Congressional oversight committee on un-American activities to keep track of it all.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote