View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #11132
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I had Christmas drinks with a couple of my girlfriends over the weekend. Life has been busy for all of us over the last 6 months or so, and we haven't seen too much of each other (although I did go on a brief 2 day weekend holiday with one of them) so it was really good to catch up. I've known these girls since high school, and they say that childhood friends will always be able to know you better than the friends you make in adulthood. I find that to be true with these girls. I think because they knew me as a teenager; a time when we're all just starting to get a sense of who we might become and what sort of things motivate us; so it was good to talk about everything with them. We all lost touch after HS and reconnected a few years ago at a HS reunion. Even though we weren't really that close in HS, we have discovered that we're pretty good friends as old farts.

Who ever would have thought that could happen. So anyway, I'm glad I have these girls in my life. I hope they're glad they have me.