View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #165
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

This is my first day back at work. I've gotten a few hugs from my closer cow orkers. I'm apprehensive because I expect there will be some sort of meeting...but I don't know. HR sent me the FMLA paperwork, but I didn't get it until I got home. On the phone it sounded like they wanted me to come back.

I'm using the skills I learned in the cuckoo's nest. I didn't miss a meeting and took as much from the program as I could. As it stands, I can't control what might happen, only my response and my subsequent actions. I feel so much better than before I went bonkers...and I see just how bonkers I was getting before the big blowout. I needed to be where I was...I needed to get away from it to deal with it, and learn how to cope with it all.

And I know it's not JUST work. There are issues from long ago I've not really dealt with, and the recent deaths of friends (especially my very good friend who died right before my breakdown) and just, everything.

I have a psychiatrist to work with and have put my meds in his care, and will also be seeing a counselor on that team. I have a team. I feel like a guest on House.

I will also need to see a cardiologist because they did two EKGs before they ran me over to Bellevue and those didn't match the one from when I was there with my back issues. It could still be lead placement but it could also be that I had a minor heart event. They almost put me on the cardiac floor that day, but the cardiologist thought it was OK to send me over.

That's my update. Thanks again for all your thoughts and well wishes.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote