Thread: Indiana Stone
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #7
Snakeadelic
Banned

Old quarries like that can be sooooo awesome. Mythbusters used to love having a quarry or two within "trailer full of experiment stuff" hauling range, because unless they're artificially stocked they contain no fish.

I wouldn't entirely be surprised if worldwide changes in demand lead to a couple of quarries re-opening (and lots being evaluated for production potential). A lot of people want durable, exotic architectural stone. Also, the infamous marble quarries that produce statuary-quality Carrara (a/k/a Carrera) White and similar highly prized stone are, after many hundreds of years in operation, running out! I read a rumor online, and then I asked "the old dudes" who are the backbone of the gem & mineral club and they said YUP. Now that it's becoming more widely known that Stonehenge is made of a bluestone (they think they found the original quarry, or one of them anyway), other bluestones will probably be in much higher demand among history buffs and those who are really into certain metaphysical fields.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote