View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #3624
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean's Edge View Post
I'm so sorry More, I've been involved in rescue in one way shape or form for 20+ years now... all I can tell you is "not all rescues are created equal' it's as hard sometimes to find the right rescue organization as it is to find a good/right breeder. Mostly good rescues just want some relative peace of mind that the animal isn't going to end up in distress again (I know one large east coast rescue run by a lawyer who in half jest frequently threatens to knee cap anyone returning a dog that behaves exactly as described ) I'm currently trying to help my mom understand that at 82 yrs old, living alone in an apartment, who needs a walker to get around - looking for a young dog - most rescues aren't going to see her as a good bet. But frankly - making you write a letter to the board??? That really blows my mind.... I've never heard of such a thing.

I'm so sorry they've put you through this.

I'd offer to put you in touch with someone in your area ... but I know, you want your Toby
Thanks Ocean, I understand their decision, I just wish they would have made it faster. Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be ready for another dog and have a job so I can get one. Della is getting older (she's 5 now) and I really want a younger dog to help keep her active since she doesn't usually play with the dogs at the dog park. She likes to play in the apartment though.