View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 06:27 PM   #11
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

There was a series of books that followed a girl named "Ramona". At the time, my best friend was named Ramona, so I thought it was cool.

The Little House In The Woods books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. (and the show that the books were based on ruled!)

I had a series of various Disney books, and they were kept in a pretty cool Mickey Mouse bookholder. I think it was like a book club or something.

Charlotte's Web: This was the most CHERISHED book that I could have ever owned. I got the paperback version for Christmas, with the first edition cover on it. Years later, my mother thought it was a good idea to give away some of my childhood books to charity (without telling me). It took me several days before I could speak to her without wanting to strangle her. (my family has this strange, but annoying habit of doing things without telling me.)

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote