View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
snip--

And that's why you're mad. You got called out on your intolerance and you look hypocritical.
... I don't see it that way. hq named Ibram specifcally. hq started the thread with Ibram specifically in mind. Then, Ibram complained about hq's remarks about Ibram specifically. That's not being a cunt. That's not being a hypocrite. That's objecting to being called something or another. hq can say and think what he likes, and Ibram can respond as he likes.

Quote:
*that Ibram self-defines as 'girl' is fine by me; that he believes any one else is obligated to address him as a girl (for no other reason than because he wants it that way) is absurd.
What if I called you "stupid"? I could say the same thing as the above quote:

Quote:
"*that infinite monkey self-defines as 'smart' is fine by me; that she believes anyone else is obligated to her as smart (for no other reason than because she wants it that way) is absurd."
You may well object, and strenuously, to being referred to like that, but that wouldn't make it hypocrisy, even if you'd had made a dumb mistakes in the past. It's just objecting to someone else's statements about you.

For the record, I don't remember anything from Ibram indicating he
Quote:
preaches understanding and acceptance of all things
. Also for the record, I don't think you're stupid. Quite the opposite, I think you're whip-smart. But I still don't agree with your analysis of Ibram's reaction.