Thread: 2016 Election
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #44
glatt

I haven't dug that deeply into the Hillary email thing. My general impression is that she has handled this poorly and it may cost her the presidency. But I did skim an article this morning, and have come to the conclusion that what she did was irregular, but nowhere near as bad as her detractors are saying. The "classified" emails she had on her private server were not classified when they were put there. They were designated as being classified long after the fact.

You can't retroactively make something illegal and then expect to nail somebody for it when it was legal at the time.

But we still have the issue of using a private server for government emails. That's very irregular. The only conclusion I can draw is that she wanted complete control and the ability to delete stuff she didn't want to be public. I can't approve of that. So I won't be voting for Hillary in the Virginia primary if Bernie Sanders is still in the running.

I don't know who I'll vote for in the general election. Too far off and I don't know who will be on the ballot. Like 90% of the population, I have a strong tendency to vote for my own team though. I can't think of any scenario where Trump would get my vote. I'm amazed he's doing so well and hasn't dropped out yet. Is he really going to keep at this?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote