View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #29
Flint
Snowflake

Oblivion

NUMBER ONE TIP (I wish I had known from the beginning of the game):

DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR ARMORER SKILL. Why? Because you cannot repair magical items without Journeyman (50+) Armorer skill.

This is what happened to me: all along I’ve been dropping damaged items when I found ones in better condition. When I was in town I would pay to have all my items repaired. My Armorer skill was getting zero development.

Then…I got the Shrouded Armor by joining the Dark Brotherhood. And it was so cool--until I realized I can’t repair it myself (I.e. in the field). So…I could be in the middle of a dungeon with 0% armor and not be able to do anything about it except, what? Carry a spare set of armor? Jeez.

Now, I'm having to develop Armorer--fast. Instead of sneaking around picking people off with arrows, I run up to them and get in close range combat. I have to make sure that both of us take a few hits before I win the fight. Then I pick up all their items, and repair EVERYTHING (their items as well as my own). What a hassle.

Well, at least my Blade, Light Armor, Block etc. skills are improving. I am learning the combat system much better, which will surely come in handy some day.

P.S.

People can hit you with some pretty messed-up stuff when you get in close. This one guy hit me with a hammer that had Burden and Drain Strength, which caused the inventory I was carrying to over-encumber me--I couldn’t move! . . . I’ll be so happy when I can go back to being a proper assassin.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote